Final source code release posted, and welcome new project members

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:42 AM
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let folks know that I've finally gotten a few hours free to button things up on this project. I've uploaded the "final" Microsoft source code release on the releases page. This corresponds to change set 10107, so I expect most folks already have it, but it's nice to have it all wrapped up and official.

I'm sure some folks are wondering why this is a source zip again, not an MSI. The answer is simply: Microsoft. In order to get a signed MSI out the door here, we need to go through at least a week of security reviews, policy compliance checkoff, Turkish 'i' compatibility, etc. Luckily with a source release we don't need to go through such a formal process and can get it out there.

On a happier note, I'd like to welcome the following folks who volunteered to be project contributors:

BennyXNO
bklooste
brightsparc
DavidHayden
lerocha
mickdelaney

You've all been added as project contributors. Thank you very much for volunteering.

We still need a volunteer or volunteers to be project coordinators, both in the Codeplex sense (can edit the project settings) and in the open-source sense (overall direction and leadership). Would anyone be interested?

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support. We may not have done everything, but we accomplished a lot in a very short time, and I think we're in great shape for the future.

-Chris