Repository Factory and VS2008

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Is the Repository Factory going be supported in VS 2008. I tried installing it with my VS2008 Beta2 and it did not work. Also, when I installed the latest GAT/GAX, I couldn't create new projects in VS2008. VS2008 started working normally again once I uninstalled the latest GAT/GAX?
Dec 3, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Any body can comment on this?

I have VS2008 RTM installed side by side with VS2005 and the guidance package won't show up in VS2008 even when it does in VS2005.


nidiacando wrote:
Is the Repository Factory going be supported in VS 2008. I tried installing it with my VS2008 Beta2 and it did not work. Also, when I installed the latest GAT/GAX, I couldn't create new projects in VS2008. VS2008 started working normally again once I uninstalled the latest GAT/GAX?

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:18 PM
As fas as I know there is no support for site to site installation of VS2005 and VS2008 with GAT/GAX at the moment. I decided to keep VS2005 for now and have VS2008 in a virtual machine.
The project creation problem is a known issue. Just have a look at Peter's Bromberg post Visual Studio 2008 (ORCAS) "Project Creation Failed" at
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com/2007/10/visual-studio-2008-orcas-creation.html



carballosa wrote:
Any body can comment on this?

I have VS2008 RTM installed side by side with VS2005 and the guidance package won't show up in VS2008 even when it does in VS2005.




nidiacando wrote:
Is the Repository Factory going be supported in VS 2008. I tried installing it with my VS2008 Beta2 and it did not work. Also, when I installed the latest GAT/GAX, I couldn't create new projects in VS2008. VS2008 started working normally again once I uninstalled the latest GAT/GAX?


Dec 13, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Thanks mhoppeats! I will give this a try.
Do you know if the Repository Factory will be supported in VS2008?
Dec 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM
I have same question about support in VS2008 or using Acropolis is prefered way of making Smart Client applications in the future?
Dec 14, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Hello nidicando,

sorry but I am just someone using this stuff. I will try to install in the virtual machine during christmas break. I assume it is just a problem with the installation preconditions and can be fixed using an msi editor.



nidiacando wrote:
Thanks mhoppeats! I will give this a try.
Do you know if the Repository Factory will be supported in VS2008?