Enable Package Error (ChSet 14100)

Nov 22, 2007 at 9:58 PM
Hi, Philippe.
After compilation I’m try installing Repository Factory from sources (Change Set 14031).
On installation I have error with following message:

Product: Data Access Guidance Package Setup -- Error 1001. Resource error has occurred and no fallback has been provided: Resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Patterns & Practices/Data Access Guidance Package Setup/Recipes/Common/CreateBEfromDBCommon.xml' cannot be fetched.. --> Resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Patterns & Practices/Data Access Guidance Package Setup/Recipes/Common/CreateBEfromDBCommon.xml' cannot be fetched.; (NULL); (NULL); (NULL).

Any idea?

Andrzej
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2007 at 2:04 AM
Hello Andrzej,

The installation problem has been fixed. Please see change set 14079.

Thanks,
Luis
Nov 24, 2007 at 8:05 PM
Lerocha: thanks for Your answer.
I removed package created and installed from previously change set.
After compilation and installation current set (14100) I trying Enable package Repository Factory and getting following errors:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException:
An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe BindingRecipe.
Error was: Action CreateBEFromDBCSRef failed to execute:
Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.References.ProjectPropertyReferenceCS' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory, Version=1.0.2831.40218, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager.

Before enabling package in Visual Studio I was copied current files into the EntlibPath C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007\Bin\
Microsoft.Practices.Repository.dll (Size: 28 672 B]
Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.dll Ver: 1.0.2884.38297, Size: 376 832 B
Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.SchemaDiscovery.dll (Size: 53 248 B]

Registry settings for package:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\patterns & practices\Repository Factory
"EntlibBinaryPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Patterns & Practices\\Data Access Guidance Package Setup\\"

What’s wrong?

Andrzej
Nov 25, 2007 at 12:24 AM
Hello,

I'm find resolution for problem mentioned earlier, by copy following assemblies to the Visual Studio directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\.
Microsoft.Practices.Repository.dll,
Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.dll,
Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.SchemaDiscovery.dll.

Current change set (14100) have next issues:
1. When creating Business Entities from DB.
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException:
An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateBEFromDBCS.
Error was: Action GenerateBusinessEntities failed to execute:
Exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException' was thrown.
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager.
---> Compiling transformation: Can’t find type name or namespace 'IDbTypesHelperStrategy' (is directive „using” absent or namespace reference?).

2. When creating data repositories from business entities.
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDataRepositoriesFromBEProjectCS. Error was: Action GenerateEntityRepositoryInterface failed to execute:
Exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException' was thrown..
---> There was an error loading the include file 'Templates\T4\Common\Oracle\OracleMS\DbTypesHelper.t4'. The transformation will not be run. The following Exception was thrown:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path
'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Patterns & Practices\Data Access Guidance Package Setup\Templates\T4\Common\Oracle\OracleMS\DbTypesHelper.t4'.

3. When creating SP in Ms SQL from schema another than ‘dbo’, this schema never exist in destination file (*.sql).

Andrzej