Business Logic Layer and Business Entity

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:12 PM
How do i map "Project responsibilities" to different project.
I have created a solution with 3 projects, Business Logic Layer Library, Data Access Layer, and UI Layer.
When i map resposibilities sepearatly to each project, i have some issues.
First i created business entities in Business logic layer library (with Business Entity Project - responsibility")
Next i am trying to create "data repository classes from business entity" in Data Access Layer Library project.
This is adding a reference to BLL library to DAL layer. I feel this is not correct way doing the project.

Is it correct to sepearte Business Entity into Business Layer? or it is supposed to part of Data Access Layer.
How do i add validations to business entity class if it is in Data Access Layer? How would Validation Application block work with Repository Factory togeher?

Thanks for your suggestions
Feb 6, 2008 at 10:42 AM
How would Business Logic Layer or Business Entity from Web Client Software Factory work with RepositoryFactory ?
Feb 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Generate your Business Entities, CRUP SP & Repositories with Repository Factory, then define custom services on WCSF proyect , create the repositories with the RepositoryFactory and implemente your business methods.....

public class DemoService : IDemoService{
private readonly IMyRepository myRepository = RepositoryFactory.Create<IMyRepository>(ConectionString);

public void AddElement(Element element)
{
myRepository.Add(element);
}
}

victorantos wrote:
How would Business Logic Layer or Business Entity from Web Client Software Factory work with RepositoryFactory ?