Recipe Framework Error

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM
After generating the Data Repository Classes from Business Entities, and click on the Finish button, I get the following exception:

This is regardless of the type of class I choose. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDataRepositoriesFromBEProject. Error was: Action AddGenericRepositoryReferenceToDataAccessProject failed to execute:
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.VisualStudio.AddProjectReferenceAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Be aware of hs namespace you are giving to the wizard, it must be a sub namespace of the root name space of the proyect, the recipe creates a folder
Feb 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM
Thanks - I made the correction, but it still throws the same exception. I am running Visual Studio.Net Professional with SP1
Feb 4, 2008 at 4:55 PM
What version of de RSF are you using?, any other info?
Feb 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM
This has been fixed. I just un-installed and re-installed the GAX & GAT, and re-ran the .msi. Thanks
Apr 9, 2008 at 1:17 PM
I had the same problem.

What happed to me was the file Microsoft.Practices.Repository.dll was not found in the folder that was holding all of the built refrences that is used when executing the recipies.The folder that should contain the file is pointed to by the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\patterns & practices\Repository Factory.

Make sure that the build output of the Repository class library is in that folder and it will fix the problem.