No right-click context menu appears (Repository Factory)

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:30 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM
I have installed the Repository Factory. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

After enabling the package, I see the list of recipes.

However, when I right click on any project in Solution Explorer, there is no Repository Factory menu.

As a matter of fact, the only one of the four packages I have installed which give me a context menu is the Service Factory: Modeling Edition.

I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to Execute the recipes from within the Guidance Package Manager or not, but for what it's worth, I cannot do that either, for the most part.

The only one I can Execute is the "Add database connection to the configuration file" recipe, because it is the only recipe which has any component enabled...that being app.config.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edit: I do get the right-click context menu on app.config (for adding a connection to the config file). I have done this many times, however, but I can get no further.

In addition, none of the documentation links work. Looking into the 'Docs' folder, it contains none of the documents being called for in the links.
Feb 19, 2008 at 11:26 PM

eh...gosh, what an active forum
Feb 20, 2008 at 1:38 PM
It seems to be a configurtion problem, try devenv /setup on de command prompt on vs2006 install dir\Common7\ide
Feb 22, 2008 at 1:21 PM
Ok, I tried that. No bueno. There is no difference. I note that running devenve.exe with the /setup argument created a new folder, "ProjectTemplatesCache", but I have no clue what this might accomplish. At any rate, it would appear this product is not nearly ready for prime time. I'll check back in a couple months or so. Thanks, anyway.
Mar 11, 2008 at 7:50 AM
shit i got the same issue...we made use of WSSF(not model edition) b4 which includes repository factory., as part of functionality. everything works fine. now, i wantto make a new project and making use of WSSF:model edition. but seems like WSSF model edition removed the repository factory from its functionality and made it name repository factory as separate project. and i encounter this issue same as vbadev...does it really mean micrsoft changed their strategy and no longer make use of repository factory and wan to promote LINQ for database access?....

regards,
martin
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM
haha i found the root of this issue @ http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2007/07/04/EnableDataAccessGuidancePackageWebClientSoftwareFactory.aspx
seems like i forgot to goto tools->guidance package Manager to enable my guidance package for repository factory :P, after that it works~

Cheers,
Martin