This release is based on the change set # 18936 reflecting the current state of the source code.
Note: this is not a stable release since some work is still in progress.
This release is intended to those who want to test the latest version of the Repository Factory, or try it on Visual Studio 2008.
- Support for Oracle Database
- Support for Visual Basic .NET
- UI resizing and fixes
- General bug fixing
- Support for Visual Studio 2008
- Make sure to uninstall your existing version before installing this new one.
- The product name has changed. In the Control Panel, instead of seeing Data Access Guidance Package, you will see Repository Factory.
- Select the appropriated installer to download depending on your Visual Studio version (2005 or 2008). You can install both if you have both VS 2005 and 2008.
To compile this package, you need:
The package will also compile and run with the earlier GAX July 2007 CTP.
If you wish to run the unit test projects, you'll need NUnit or a compatible test runner (Resharper, TestDriven.NET, etc.):
Compilation and installation
Open the DataAccess Guidance Package.sln file and compile.
The easiest way to install the package is to compile the setup project and run the resulting MSI. The guidance package requires a registry key in order to find various support DLL's needed at runtime. The MSI will create this key for you.
If you wish to manually register and use the guidance package, this registry key is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\patterns & practices\Repository Factory
Create a string value named "EntlibBinaryPath" and point it at a directory that contains the following DLLs:
- Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll (available in Entlib 3.1 and included in the Lib folder in the drop)
- Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll (available in Entlib 3.1 and included in the Lib folder in the drop)
- Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll (available in Entlib 3.1 and included in the Lib folder in the drop)
- Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll (Included in the Lib folder in the drop)
- Microsoft.Practices.Repository.dll (compile from source)
- Microsoft.Practices.RepositoryFactory.SchemaDiscovery.dll (compile from source)